Yeap… Today’s recipe is without pork… hehe… But then, seafood is another favourite of mine. And one of my favourites is crab. But since crab is pretty expensive and not that easy to cook, I did not cook this with crabs.
But this still turn out pretty well. Before I could serve this up on the lunch table, my hubby has already been at it, taking a prawn here, a piece of squid there….
6 pieces of medium sized prawns, shelled
2 squids, cleaned and cut into bite sized pieces
Approximately 20 pieces of sweet peas
1 packet of Japanese Tofu
2 tablespoons of Oyster sauce
1 teaspoon of finely chopped garlic
About 1 cup of cooking oil (for frying Japanese tofu)
- Cut up the sweet peas into pieces (1 sweet pea into 3 pieces).
- Cut the Japanese Tofu into pieces of about 1.5cm thick. Heat up the cooking oil in a wok. Fry the Japanese Tofu until it is slightly browned on the outside. Remove from oil and drain.
- Leave 2 tablespoonful of cooking oil in the wok. Saute the garlic with it.
- Put in prawns, squid and sweet peas and stir fry them on medium to high fire. Continuously stir it to prevent it from getting burnt.
- After about 3 minutes, put in the oyster sauce. If you like it a bit salty, you could add in a more oyster sauce.
- Stir fry it some more for about 3-5 minutes or until the squid and prawns are cooked. If you feel that it is too dry, you could add in about 2 tablespoons of water. Do not add on too much water as the seafood will “generate” water.
- Finally, add in the Japanese tofu that you have fried earlier in step 2. Stir it lightly. Be careful that you do not break the tofu.
- Serve hot .